At Express ER in Waco, we are dedicated to making each of our patient’s experiences at our freestanding emergency room as easy as possible. Along with offering transparent emergency care, we also strive to make our billing process as transparent as possible for patients. Our Waco Express ER is a Texas-licensed free-standing emergency room, we do not participate in any health benefit plan provider network, however, by Texas state law, all insurance providers are required to process emergency care at in-network benefit levels. Are you or a loved one in need of emergency care? Check-in online and visit Express ER in Waco, today!
Once you have been seen at Express ER in Waco, we will submit two separate claims to your health insurance provider. The first insurance claim submitted will be for the emergency physician who provided your emergency care. The second insurance claim will be for our facility, Express ER and encompasses the care you received including diagnostic imaging, laboratory testing, cultures, etc.
Once the claims have been submitted to your insurance provider, you will receive an explanation of benefits from your health insurance company. Your explanation of benefits will explain the charges from Express ER due to the emergency care you received.
NOTICE OF FEES – Plains ER Management, LTD in compliance with Senate Bill 425, effective January 1, 2016, and modified by House Bill 3276, effective September 1, 2017, posts the following:
(1) Express ER in Waco, TX is a freestanding emergency room/medical care facility.
(2) Express ER’s rates are comparable to a hospital-based emergency room, and a facility fee may be charged.
(3) The physicians at Express ER may or may not be a participating provider in your health insurance provider network; we recommend checking with your healthcare insurance provider.
(4) Express ER in Waco is not a participating provider in any health benefit plan provider network. However, by Texas state law your health insurance provider is required to process your emergency visit and emergency care at in-network benefit levels.
(5) Your physician at Express ER Waco that provides your medical care today may bill separately from the facility (Express ER) for the emergency care provided to you.
At Express ER in Waco, TX we do not engage in balance billing, meaning we do not bill above what your insurance provider’s in-network allowable is for the service provided. Once your explanation of benefits has been processed an invoice will be issued with any outstanding balance that is due.
Express ER thanks you for trusting in us for your emergency medical services and values you as a medical patient. For any of your emergency care needs, visit our Waco emergency room today.